Patrick Donovan is an educator who started out as a high school science teacher but has spent time as a technology integration specialist and Director of Technology.
- Instructional Coach – Ames High School – August 2022 to present
- Technology Integration Specialist – Nevada Community School District – July 2020 to June 2022
- Director of Technology – Ames Community School District – July 2019 to July 2020
- Technology Integration Specialist – Ames High School – August 2013 to July 2019
- Science Teacher (Physics, 8th-grade Physical Science, 7th-grade Life Science) – Ames High School and Ames Middle School – August 2012 to June 2013
- Science Teacher (Physics, 9th-grade Earth Science, Global Science, Principles of Engineering, Horticulture) – South Hamilton High School – August 2007 to June 2012
- Science Teacher (Physics, 9th-grade Environmental Science, Principles of Technology, Astronomy) – Jefferson High School (Cedar Rapids, IA) – August 2004 to June 2007
- Educ 203/303/403 – Iowa State University – Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
- CI 454 – Iowa State University – Spring 2017, 2018, 2019
- Masters in Administration – Transformative School Leadership – Iowa State University – May 2021
- Masters in Curriculum and Instructional Technology – Iowa State University – May 2015
- Bachelors of Science – Physics and Secondary Education – Iowa State University – May 2004
He is a certified Google for Education Trainer and Innovator. He has presented on the use of educational technology at various state, regional, and national educational conferences, including being a featured speaker at both ITEC and the Iowa 1:1 Conference. Patrick has a passion for focusing on accessibility and making learning accessible for all students. He also believes that technology should not be the focus of our learning but is a tool that we can use to get to the levels of teaching and learning that we desire. Patrick is a member of the Iowa Technology and Education Connection board and is currently serving as the Board President for 2022.
Patrick was part of the Friendly Disruption podcast and is an advocate for making learning accessible for all.
Email: donovanscience (at) gmail.com
All posts and content on this site are free to use and share. Citations are always welcomed.
Stock images used for posts are from public domain sources or created by the author. (light bulb, chalk board)