Friday, February 6
- Newsela – Find nonfiction articles by subject with varying Lexile levels for readers.
- Apple TV post by Tony Vincent – Great tips on how to setup and use your Apple TV for the classroom.
- Teacher Share page updated – Examples of how technology is being used in the classroom have been added by teachers and there are other examples available also.
- Connecting Your Classroom To Others – there are many ways we can use digital tools to connect our classrooms with experts or other classrooms.
- Better Feedback for Students – John Hattie’s research of 800 meta-analyses showed that effective feedback was a top impactor of student success.
- Create an Online Collaborative Whiteboard – Post by Richard Byrne showing how you can easily create a whiteboard to work with others on online. (No sign-in required)
Friday, January 23
Updates to Google Classroom – Google has added some new features to Google Classroom, including a mobile app.
Easier Communication with Students – There are lots of ways you can communicate with your students in a safe and effective way outside of class.
Updated AHS/AMS Tech Site – Slightly updated the site to make it easier and simpler to use. Feedback is always desired.
Google Docs: force students to make a copy – blog post by Alice Keeler that tells you how you can force students to make a copy of a doc you are sharing with them.
15 Uses for the Swivl – blog post that details different ways the Swivl can be used by teachers.